- Nominee must be a player that has established himself as a leader both on and off the playing field.
- Anecdotal information and/or testimonials about the nominee’s integrity and leadership are highly encouraged.
- Team captains are preferred, though status as team captain is not required for consideration.
- Starting players are preferred, though it is not required for consideration.
- Nominee must be enrolled in a degree program, in good academic standing and on track to graduate.
- Weight is given to those applications that list documented community service activity. This can include activity at schools, hospitals, after-school clubs, religious organizations and other non-profits.
**All Nominations Must Be Submitted By October 10, 2017**
* Semi-finalists will be announced October 31.
* Three finalists will be announced November 14.
* The winner will be announced the first week of December 2017.